Cigarette smoking gets a bad wrap. It shouldn’t. Did you know there are health benefits associated with cigarette smoking? There are, and that’s what we’re going to talk about. Kick back, fire up a cigarette, and learn how that precious smoke of yours is helping to improve your health.
Cigarette smoking has many health benefits. Here are just a few.
1) The health benefits of smoking cigarettes – Cancer prevention. Cigarette smoke contains numerous agents that have anti-cancer activity. These agents act to slow the growth of cancer cells (cancerous) while also stopping the spread of cancer cells (metastatic). Smoking cigarettes is a great way to reduce the risk of developing several types of deadly cancers. One of these cancers is lung cancer. Lung cancer is often terminal cancer. The risk of dying from lung cancer is reduced by one-third when you smoke cigarettes.
2) The health benefits of smoking cigarettes – Hypertension control. Smoke from cigarettes constricts blood vessels in the throat and airways. This causes a drop in blood pressure. By reducing your blood pressure slightly, you can lower the risk of developing chronic or recurrent high blood pressure. Smoking cigarettes can lower your risk of developing both of these conditions by about 30%.
3) The health benefits of smoking cigarettes – Diabetes control. Cigarette smoke contains 70% less insulin than does any other source. Insulin is a hormone that helps glucose move through your body’s cells for energy production. Cigarette smoke also has a way of making the cells more sensitive to insulin by tenfold. This makes it easier for your body to produce enough insulin to metabolize glucose into energy (carbohydrate). Since diabetes is a chronic condition, you may need to take many different types of medications overtime to maintain erectile function as well as proper blood sugar control and overall health. Cigarette smoke helps lower this risk by at least 25%.
4) The health benefits of smoking cigarettes – Arthritis and osteoporosis control. In addition to halting cancerous growth, cigarette smoke makes osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis symptoms more tolerable. This is great news for those who suffer from these conditions.
5) The health benefits of smoking cigarettes – Liver protection. Tobacco smoke contains polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), which cause the liver to go into a protective mode where it absorbs the substances that may damage it in order to keep it from being damaged by these unclean chemicals. Smoking cigarettes can lower the risk of developing liver cancer by about 25%.
6) The health benefits of smoking cigarettes – Heart protection. Cigarette smoke contains nitric oxide, which is a vasodilator that relaxes blood vessels and helps them to expand in order to accommodate more blood flow/oxygen delivery to the heart muscle (myocardium). This contraction causes your heart muscle to work harder which makes your heart stronger and more durable. Smokers are less likely than non-smokers to have a heart attack or die from one, even if they have never had a heart problem before!
7) The health benefits of smoking cigarettes – Arthritis relief. Arthritis is a painful condition that causes inflammation of the joints. This causes pain, swelling, and restricted motion. Cigarette smoke’s ability to fight inflammation has been proven over and over again in clinical trials.
8) The health benefits of smoking cigarettes – Suppresses stomach acid. Smoking cigarettes inhibits the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which helps protect it from damage by heartburn. Although this may seem like a minuscule amount of protection, it can prove to be very useful for those who suffer from severe heartburn at night or during other activities.
9) The health benefits of smoking cigarettes – Improved vision/prevention of macular degeneration. Smoking cigarettes can reduce your risk of macular degeneration (an eye disease that is common among people with diabetes) by about 30%. It does this by reducing stress on blood vessels in the retina (back part) of your eye caused by high blood sugar levels associated with diabetes. Your risk is also reduced because cigarette smoke helps slow down the rate at which new vessels are developed in the retina (new vessels can trigger macular degeneration).
10) The health benefits of smoking cigarettes – Vascular disease control. A huge benefit of smoking cigarettes is that it helps control the growth of blood vessels that supply the heart, brain, muscle, and other organs. It does this by dilating (making the blood vessels smaller) blood vessels that are under strain (stressed out). In doing so, it helps prevent lower-limb amputations which often result from issues such as peripheral arterial disease.
These are only 10 of the many health benefits associated with cigarette smoking. Smoking cigarettes also has many positive effects on overall health, resulting from its anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective actions as well as its ability to help prevent cardiovascular disease. It also has a positive effect on your respiratory system and can even aid in weight loss.
A Word About The Health Benefits Of Cigarettes
Of the health benefits of cigarettes, there are also several limitations. In order to have any of these benefits, you must smoke cigarettes.
Moreover, many of the beneficial effects of smoking are pretty much restricted to those who smoke cigarettes. For example, while not all cigarette smokers will experience lower lung cancer rates, it is largely true that smokers have much lower lung cancer rates. Also, a lot of the benefits are pretty much reserved for those who smoke “light” cigarettes. However, even an occasional “light” smoker can benefit from these health benefits.
This article was written by artificial intelligence. These are all the health benefits it thinks that cigarette smoking offers.
If you're looking for an easy way to terminate a pregnancy and you happen to be a robot, then you've come to the right site. Since 2004 I've been researching robots, the little mechanical devices...
Competitive eating is a sport that requires a stomach of steel and a mentally strong athlete. While this may sound fun, it's one of the most challenging competitions to prepare for, especially if...